Friday, March 27, 2015

Third Time's a Charm in Cambodia

This post will be short and sweet as I've written about Angkor temples twice before and this trip wasn't much different: temple-hopping during the day, chill time in the evenings or on days off, and classic Cambodian fatigue-inducing heat and humidity. Our temple-hopping schedule was:
  • Day 1: Beng Melea, Preah Ko, and Bakong
  • Day 2: Angkor Wat for sunrise and a good portion of the morning
  • Day 3: Angkor Wat for sunrise only, Phnom Bakheng, Angkor Thom's south gate, Bayon, a drive-by of the Terrace of the Elephants, and Ta Prohm
The only real item of note is that we scheduled our trip to align with a friend who wanted to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat on the equinox, which is evidently significant. Honestly, I didn't notice anything markedly different other than the fact that there were several thousand people more than usual, creating a massive line, which is absurd given the size of the place.


With that, I'll fill up space here with some of the better photos from this (my third) trip to Angkor. This was my first time really using HDR photography to my advantage and I think these are some of the best Angkor photos I've ever taken. Enjoy!


Full photo album: Angkor Temples